Introduction: Purchasing an ankle holster is now a difficult task. Different holsters come with different designs. Besides, the unethical businessmen produced some fake goods in the market. So it has been a tough task to find a good ankle holster.
I have been researching about ankle holsters for a long time. I can justify any product easily. Finally, I decided to make a list of the 10 best ankle holsters. And after huge research, the list is finally ready.
In this article, I will discuss 10 best ankle holsters with proper and improper factors. So, without further discussion, let’s go to the main point.
- 10. DeSantis Die Hard Ankle Rig
- 9. UTG Concealed Ankle Holster
- 8. Pro-Tech Ankle Holster
- 7. FoxX Ankle Holster
- 6. Galco Ankle Holster
- 5. ComfortTac Ankle Holster
- 4. Gootus Belly Band Holster
- 3. ComfortTac Ultimate Ankle Holster
- 2. Bear Armz Tactical Ankle Holster
- 1. AIKATE Ankle Holster
- Buying Guide
- FAQs About Ankle Holster
- Why use an ankle holster?
- Who needs an ankle holster?
- How to use ankle holster?
- What quality to have for a user-friendly ankle holster?
- How to make an ankle holster?
- How to carry an ankle holster?
It is the last but not the least ankle holster from DeSantis. DeSantis is a very renowned company. The building and system of this ankle holster are quite smart.
The ankle holster is very smart looking, easy to hide and very comfortable to use. This holster is made of leather, which assures the longevity of holding guns.
- Material: Saddle Leather.
- Color: Black.
- Fit for: Glock 42.
- The holster keeps the guns and pistols firmly while running or climbing on stairs. It doesn’t let the guns wobble at all.
- The stitching is very strong and perfect.
- The leg-band is padded with foam which feels comfortable.
- You can hide it very quickly.
The company made this product with its latest improved system. It is a hidden holster but quite smart-looking and easy to use. As it’s made of leather, it will last very long!
Now its time for another demanding ankle holster from UTG. The holster is made of elastic. So, surely it will fit you properly.
Don’t worry about durability. It is constructed with a perfect padding system. There is also the hook and loop adjustment system available.
The adjustable calf strap and double vertical security strap makes it more demanding. Ultimately it will meet all your needs.
- Material: Elastic, super padded construction.
- Color: Black.
- Fit to all subcompact and compact pistols.
- Ensures a firm closure.
- This ankle holster is very easy to wear.
- The hook and loop adjustment system is available for a secure fit.
The easy hook adjustments system makes it perfect for everyone. The weight of the holster is comparatively lighter. So, people don’t feel disgusted carrying it.The easy hook adjustments system makes it perfect for everyone. The weight of the holster is comparatively lighter. So, people don’t feel disgusted carrying it.
Presenting an amazing ankle holster from Pro-Tech. This is a holster with many great qualities. This ankle holster has laser too.
This product has an elastic and velcro closure. The ankle holster is very lightweight that you won’t feel it if you wear it. The foam padding is for ankle comfort.
- Materials: Nylon.
- Fit for: Beretta 20-21 Tomcat 3032-32 acp 20- Keltec P32-.380AT-Jennings J-22,Ruger LCP 380 auto.camper-950 Jetfire-Cobra CA32-CA380.
- Only for right-hand usage.
- The holster’s outside layer is of Cordura Ballistic Nylon and the inside layer is the Vinyl vapor barrier.
- It has an adjustable velcro strap for your weapon security.
- It is stitched double on pressure points with strong bonded nylon.
When you are buying ankle holster for your firearms, you must need to choose the quality full one. This holster meets up all the necessary qualities. For any kind of use, you can easily hide it and use it for a long time.
Now time for presenting the smallest but safest holster from FoxX. This is an extraordinary special holster with amazing features. This holster can give you ultimate security and comfort.
This is called the easiest holster to put in and release out. You can wear it many versatile positions. Interestingly, this holster is also tuckable. It is absolutely an adjustable holster.
- Material: Kydex.
- Color: Black.
- The holster is very easy to conceal in any kind of dress. Both for man and woman.
- This product is tuckable.
- The Deluxe Trapp has an extra three ride height position.
- The holster is totally adjustable. You can adjust it with a screw according to your retention.
- Fit for: Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry ll, Ultra TLE ll.
- You can wear it in many positions.
This holster is made from the USA with the most experienced hands. They made it very precisely and with absolute comfort. Fitted for all kinds of use, you can choose this smallest holster confidently.
Presenting a brand new ankle holster from Galco. This holster is for both men and women. This one has some outstanding features.
Made with a very exceptional material, this ankle holster offers premium security to hold the gun and easy pulling out. The ankle cuff is padded with soft sheepskin with a secured hook.
- Material: Hybrid.
- Color: Black.
- Ankle periphery: 13”.
- This ankle holster has adjustable retention at the trigger guard.
- It has two different adjustable tension units for quick adjusting.
- The ankle cuff is lined with neoprene and padded with sheepskin which feels comfortable and prevents getting pressure on the ankle.
This exceptional ankle holster is quite famous now and gives great service. You can rely on this item checking all the features of it.
Here is another outstanding ankle holster from ComfortTac. This company is really experienced as well as reliable for buying ankle holster.
As it’s a matter of buying firearms security things, you should prefer the top one. And this one comes in top. For police, the military, the bodyguard who carries weapons hidden, this equipment is loved and recommended by them.
- Materials: Neoprene.
- Color: Black.
- This ankle holster has a flexible surgical grade elastic holster that offers very tight grab on your leg.
- Elastic retention with metal snap provides a safe and secure position of your gun and other weapons.
- It comes in one size. And this size fits up to 17” calf.
ComfortTac is a China company with lots of experience. This ankle holster is one of the most superior quality of all. They made this product for long-lasting durability. You can buy this ankle holster without hesitation.
Are you feeling tired of using ankle holster? Here is the best belly band holster from Gootus. This is one of the best equipment to carry. It is for both men and women.
This waist-band holster is skin-friendly and comfortable. You can easily hide it in any kind of undergarments of yours and take it out swiftly and easily. You can use it anywhere, anyplace and with any dress.
- Material: Neoprene.
- Fit for: Smith & Wesson, Bodyguard, M&P Shield, Glock 19, 23, 38, 25, 32, 26, 27, 28, 33, 46, 36, Sig Sauer, Rauger, Kahr, Kimber, Bersa and many more similar sizes.
- It can be adjusted with a belly up to 44 inches size. You can wear it inside the waist-band or outside the waist-band, behind the back.
- The product has a detachable button strap that offers to hold the weapon firmly and release quickly.
- Extra pocket to keep optional weapons or other things. A cell phone-sized pocket is also here for any need.
This belly band holster is made for ultimate safe use. You can easily use it anywhere and in any place. Both men and women can use it. It won’t slip or fall if you run. It assures the firm holding the gun and releasing it quickly.
Finding for an ankle holster for concealed carrying of your weapon? Here comes one from ComfortTac. This is one of the best kinds of ankle holsters from all. This holster offers each and every quality you need.
Made from a China company, this brand is completely reliable for this product. The high-quality firm and comfortable construction prove the superiority of this ankle holster.
- Materials: Neoprene.
- Color: Black.
- Fit for: Glock 42, 43, 36, 26. Smith & Wesson Bodyguard. 380.38, LC9, Sig Sauer and similar size. J frame revolvers. Micro pistols, subcompact and compact pistols and any gun under 6.5 “length is perfect for this holster.
- This product has elastic retention straps with a metal snap, which keeps gun secure in the holster.
- Designed for users with the utmost comfort. It doesn’t feel like elastic bands that feel pain on the skin. The foam pads behind the gun prevent your ankle from getting pressure.
- Two sizes recommended. 15” band is for 13” legs and 17” band for 15” leg.
This ankle holster is filled with all basic necessary qualities, safety and comforts. The high-quality neoprene won’t lose its shape after using awhile. You won’t sweat at all wearing this. The inside pad will protect your ankle joints from getting pressure.
Are you hunting for a premium quality ankle holster? Then, read about this one from Bear Armz Tactical. Some classic features make this holster awesome. It is made of breathable neoprene material.
This ankle holster is compatible with any others. This product is designed with two retention straps that secure the firearm with pepper spray or knives. This one provides maximum security. The product includes one user guide so that you can understand all the instructions.
- Material: Neoprene.
- Holster pocket: 2 3/4" x 4".
- Magazine pocket: 2” x 4”.
- Color: Black.
- This ankle holster has two retention straps to carry guns and extra safety things.
- Fits for: Any kinds of guns and pistols. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm &. 45, Glock 26, 27, 30, 42, 43, P238,P938 and so on. Just one size and design, but fits for all.
- The holster is adjustable to 8-13” in ankle periphery. And in calf periphery, it is adjusted in 16.5”.
- This ankle holster is designed in an anti-slip system. So, when you will put your firearms or knives or anything else, you don’t need to worry about it’s slipping down or falling out.
- Recommended for handguns with a little or medium-sized frame with less than 7” length. Great for compact and subcompact pistols.
Made from an American company, you can rely on this ankle holster blindly. This is made with a material, which offers security and comfort both. When you are choosing a firearm accessory, you should pick the best one. This is a perfect choice for personal protection, security, military and law enforcement departments.
Get introduced to the number one ankle holster of this list from AIKATE. This ankle holster is for concealed carrying who works as bodyguards, in the military or for personal protection.
This product is made with very comfortable and strong material, which is breathable and prevents sweating. It has extra pockets to put other safety things.
- Material: Neoprene.
- Color: Black.
- Extra pocket size: 3.9" x 2.5".
- Designed with a no slip-down system. Lower and upper firm straps keep the holster strongly attached with legs.
- Fits for: Both men and women. Ruger LPC 380, L9C, L9Cs, Ruger SR9c, Kimber solo, Kimber Micro 9, Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm, Glock 19, 23, 26, 27, 30, Taurus PT140 G2 and similar sized weapons.
- Ankle periphery: 8-14”.
- Calf periphery: 17.5”.
- Recommended for compact and subcompact pistols. 6.5” under length similar weapons.
For concealing usage, this ankle holster is one of the great. Both men and women can use it comfortably and safely. No chance to drop out or slipping down the gun from the holster. After wearing this, you almost can’t feel that you wore anything. Buy it with confidence!
I have already suggested 10 high-quality ankle holster. But before buying, you have to make sure the product is appropriate for you. Considering this fact I will discuss another part. So keep reading about it.
• Comfortability: Many people informed that they feel irritated wearing an ankle holster. Is it the same for all types of ankle holsters? No, it depends on the quality of the holster.
Choose a holster made with premium and soft inner material. It must come with easy wearing and removing systems. Also, make sure it prevents sweating and stay connected properly.
• Fit to your gun: One can ensure that a holster will be perfect for all types of guns. My recommend holster will not fit all types of guns. So before buying it, ensure that it will fit your gun.
Try to choose one with the maximum number of adjustability. (Should be perfect for compact, subcompact, and revolvers)
• Easy to carry: Your ankle holster must be lightweight. Ensure that you can easily walk and run wearing the holster.
• Both hands and legs use: You don’t know the situation when you need your secret gun. So you should choose a holster that is perfect for both legs and both hands use.
• Safe for ankle: Some holsters have no special ankle protector. As a result, the gun barrel hurts the ankle. Try to get one having special padding to protect your ankle.
FAQs About Ankle Holster
People have some questions about an ankle holster. Before ending the article I want to show you the questions and their answers.
Why use an ankle holster?
An ankle holster is an essential element for law enforcement groups. It can help them a lot in any critical situation. It is a secondary back up a firearm for them.
Besides, an ankle holster works better when drawing form other positions. It is safer and quicker than drawing from the belt. When you are sitting in a car or behind a desk, an ankle holster gives quick access to your firearm.
Most of the police officer stated that ankle holster is a better option. The updated holsters are comfortable and easy to carry. That’s why an ankle holster is so much popular.
Who needs an ankle holster?
The ankle holsters are so much popular among the people of different professions. Let’s see who uses it.
Police: The police use it when they go through any challenging mission. Most of the time they are in a mission in civil dress, they carry the backup gun in that ankle holster.
Military: They also use it when it is necessary.
Bodyguard: All the bodyguards need to learn how to use an ankle holster. They use it for the protection of their boss.
Personal protection: Sometimes people use it for their personal protection.
How to use ankle holster?
Using an ankle holster can be described in 2 parts. First, you need to wear it and fix the gun. Second thing is to draw fire.
First off, fit the gun into the position. Start from the loose point and securely fit it. Now wear it tightly in the right position.
The left-handed person wears it on the right leg and the right-handed person wears it on the left leg.
Before drawing you have to detect the target and look around the surrounding. Bend at the waist and firmly grasp the gun. Now draw the firearm and aim at the target. Finally, secure 2 handed grip before shooting.
What quality to have for a user-friendly ankle holster?
The ankle holster is usually used to hide the secondary weapons. The law enforcement employees often use ankle holsters to back up their primary handgun. It is necessary to make the ankle holster as a comfortable product. It can cause difficulties while running.
The most popular material for making an ankle holster is leather. Leather construction attracts the eye of the buyers also. It can be dyed in any color. However, leather can make you uncomfortable sometimes.
Nowadays neoprene is more popular for making the ankle holsters. Ballistic nylon is another choice able material for ankle holsters.
Before making an ankle holster you need to keep some point in your mind. The holster must be comfortable, able to conceal properly and it should not bother while running. If you need to use the holster for a long period you must make it with an inner safety pad.
How to make an ankle holster?
Well, you can buy ankle straps from many sites by spending your money. But there is a way to save money. You can make your own ankle holster. Here I will discuss the process which will help you for sure.
First, you have to collect the materials. You will need a chap leather, wool sheepskin scrap, velcro loop side, velcro hook side. Then measuring your gun size you need to sew the holster. You can put an elastic strap to prevent excess bouncing of the gun.
How to carry an ankle holster?
Though it is more time consuming to draw the gun from your ankle than from your shoulder or waist, it helps the most in concealing the gun. But it is quite difficult to carry the ankle holster properly. You need to follow some instructions.
Firstly, it is best carried with long loose pants and cowboy boots. You can not carry it with tight skinny pants. Because you need to flex your body to draw the gun and tight pants will not allow you to do so.
It is very hard to draw your gun from the ankle holster in standing position. You need to sit first and then pulling the pants leg up you can draw the gun.
If you are right-handed, you need to carry your holster in the left leg and vice versa. As ankle holsters remain in close contact with the ground, they easily catch dirt and dust.
You need to clean your firearm and ankle holster on a regular basis. Moreover, you must keep in mind that you can not carry a large firearm in your ankle holster. Lastly, practicing more and more will help you to carry the ankle holster easily.
I choose all the suggested products after huge research. I have read all the comments and reviews. So, I can assure quality products.
Along with the products, I discussed a guide and some FAQs. Reading the guide, you will understand the quality of my suggested products. So, don’t wait for more. Read the reviews and choose the perfect one for you.